Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My son has had a major buggy but unfortunately it has now been condemned and we are on the waiting list (apparently the urgent one!) waiting for a wheelchair. However, although the word "urgent" has been used we are still waiting and it could be an even longer wait until we get an appointment through!! My son can walk but not very far so we rely on a chair for him to get around. The Wheelchair Services cannot help with a replacement in the meantime so it is very difficult to get out and about, especially to appointments in London. Can anybody recommend anywhere that will offer a temporary wheelchair in the meantime? The Wheelchair Services do not have any chairs we can borrow! Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.