Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Weighted products for children with seizures, spasms and sleep problems....
Just wanted to share a tip with you all, Meggy has up to fifty seizures/spasms/abnormal movements a day and has ahd sleep related problems too.... about six months ago I satrted using a weighted lap pad when she had leg spasms while she was in her wheelchair and found she was instantly calmer and less distressed, she also used a weighted lap pet.... she then started asking for her lap pet to cuddle when she was sleepy and her sleep pattern improved, she has now progressed to a weighted duvet (JLS of course) and both of us are now getting much better sleep!!! The weighted produsts are normally aimed at children with ADHD and similar conditions but, I have found the grounding, reassuring effect has realy helped Meggy, especially when she is having muscle spasms!! Meggys weighted products are all made to her weight and size and she has a Dora weighted blanket, JLS quilt, pink teddy lap pad and a weighted doll and doggy lappad which she loves!!!
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.