OVERLY AFFECTIONATE 9 year old with mild CP & mild learning problems — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

OVERLY AFFECTIONATE 9 year old with mild CP & mild learning problems

Options
QUINNEY5643
QUINNEY5643 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
My son is 9 years old and is officially diagnosed with mild CP. He has done extremely well physically but does have some learning problems. He attends mainstream school and does have 'friends' to tea etc. He enjoys life and within 12-18 months, will have a settlement for his clinical negligence case. My query is ... he is a VERY affectionate child, sometimes inappropriately. After seperating with his father a year ago, I am now in a new relationship. Having introduced Jamie to my new partner - he has formed a very quick relationship with him and is already telling him he loves him and attempts from time to time, to call him Dad. He seems very immature emotionally for his age but is quite 'age appropriate' in so many other ways. He has always been an affectionate child yet now he is getting a little older - it can seem inappropriate. Does anyone have experience of this type of behaviour?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.