Buckinghamshire Support Group — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Buckinghamshire Support Group

MushyPeaBrain
MushyPeaBrain Community member Posts: 6 Courageous
edited May 2014 in Cerebral palsy
Hello

This is to let members know about the cerebral palsy support group we run on the last Saturday of every month at Hazlemere Sure Start Centre between 2-4pm.

It's been running for a few years now and is aimed at parents of younger children with CP (0-7 years). It's a chance to meet parents facing similar issues who understand what you are going through, or just to have a cuppa and a friendly chat!! Siblings very welcome to come and play too.

Hoping to see some of you there in March :)

Comments

• MushyPeaBrain
    Hello

A quick update to say that Butterflies is not running in March due to clashing with the easter bank holiday weekend.

The next session will be 27th April
  • Lizw
    Lizw Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hello, we live near chesham. My daughter is nearly 5 with cp. do you still run the support group in hazlemere? We would definitely come along if so. Thanks so much, Liz
  • MushyPeaBrain
    Lizw said:
    Hello, we live near chesham. My daughter is nearly 5 with cp. do you still run the support group in hazlemere? We would definitely come along if so. Thanks so much, Liz
    Hello. Sadly the group stopped running due to the Surestart Centre closing and I am not aware of anything similar nearby. There is a great Facebook group called Supporting Special Needs in South Bucks where you can connect with other families and also find out about groups too.
  • Lizw
    Lizw Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank you for responding. I will check it out. Liz x
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    You are welcome @Lizw. It is the very least you deserve.

Please feel free to let us know how it goes and if you need any other support. We are all here for you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.