Android phones and people with a motor impairment/ physical disability research — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Android phones and people with a motor impairment/ physical disability research

KathM
KathM Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello everyone

I am carrying out some research for Vodafone. We would like feedback from Android phone users who have a motor impairment or physical disability.

We are interested in talking to people for whom at least one of the following is true:

- You have dexterity issues which makes it hard for you to use the touch screen
- You have restricted mobility in your hands/ upper limbs that affects your phone use
- You use a wand, stick or another pointing device
- You use a switch

This piece of work will take place on 15-18th July and will be in Central London. The payment for each person will be

Comments

• KathM
    KathM Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Re the above post, the dates have now changed to 29th-31st August.

If you are interested in taking part, please email Robin.Diamond@vodafone.com

Thank you,

Kath
  • JhonStan
    JhonStan Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Hello there,

Vodafone's conducting research and wants to hear from Android users with motor impairments or physical disabilities. If you face challenges like touch screen use, limited hand mobility, use of pointing tools, or switches, they want your input. The research happens in Central London from July 15-18. Compensation provided. Your insights matter! 📱🗣️

• forgoodnesssake
    forgoodnesssake Community member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Either this post is rather out of date or very early for 2024! (or a typo?)
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @forgoodnesssake. As this post was initially posted in 2013, I would be inclined to say the first! However, this also appears to be a study that has been regularly repeated, and could be preparation for 2024 on that basis. For example, the initial post was updated in 2014 (almost a year later) and I can see a more recent comment  :)  
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.