School Holidays — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

School Holidays

IanB Member Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in Children, parents, and families

Does anyone have any solution for school holidays when both parents work and cannot cover the duration. Not family near enough or in a position to help. My daughter is 5 with DS and her school does not offer a holiday club. I live in Ruislip, West London.




  • Natasha Brown
    Natasha Brown Member Posts: 108 Courageous
    look at other providers rnning in lcoal spsorts centres or holiday schemes ni other schools most will take children from other schools.

    look at other school for holiday clubs locally in borugh or even neiighbouring borugh.
    see also sites like

    council should list all available in borough

    if she needs one to one support ask SS to provide and pay for this or to contribute

    call play provision adviser in the council

    speak to your social worker - if you dont have one call disabled childrens team ugently for an assessment and ask where children with SEN can go in holidays

    advertise on for a holiday live out or live in (if you hae room) carer/au pair.nanny - you will get loads of replies so wil need to sift thru - here will be students returning for summer looking for work put her needs specific and look out fo SLT students etc looking for holiday work - you could advertise specifically saying "ideal for trainee OT or SLT"

    or use specalised agency like Snap runs activity holiday schemes all over key ruislip or post code in the search - is very much games based at that age i she likes running around - again if she needs one to one liaise with SS about funding or speak to fit for sport ofice

    you need to google holiday play scheme and you borough for ideas and leads.

    for someone you employ try a gumtree ad - depending on her level of need you could offer £8 up per hour
  • Natasha Brown
    Natasha Brown Member Posts: 108 Courageous can provde traineee teachers if you want agency but will cost you more than advertising directly on eg gumtree


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.