Bit of a rant - hairdressers — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bit of a rant - hairdressers

Options
Marie12
Marie12 Community member Posts: 13 Courageous
I just wanted to find some people that might understand my frustration with hairdressers I've dealt with. There are a few really nice hairdressers but I've just had a hair cut and mine just didn't listen. I clearly explain that I can use a hair dryer or a brush but not both together and don't use products like gel. It doesn't make any difference, at the end of the haircut they will dry my hair and style it at the same time. I haven't got a good idea of what I will actually look like without their two hands. I have mild CP so it obviously isn't visible enough for them to realise I'm telling the truth. I'm partially sighted as well, so they've started doing the styling before I can stop them.

Does anyone else experiences with hairdressers or other non medical/caring professions?

Comments

• AllisonRCann
    AllisonRCann Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    I think it might be time for a new hairdresser. Remember that you are paying for a service, if you are unhappy with the service, it might be time to move the service elsewhere. Some people are just not very good at their job, your hairdresser sounds like one of those people
  • Marie12
    Marie12 Community member Posts: 13 Courageous
    Options
    I think you're right. I think my annoyance comes because often my CP is not obvious (though it would probably be to someone else with CP) and so others don't seem to take it seriously, almost like they don't believe me.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.