Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
lack of sleep
Here I am, awake since about 4am again. Not sure how much of my lack of sleep is the cp and how much is down to the meds to control the spasms. Since I started them, I seem to have periods of almost being a bit hyper then crashing for a few hours but the spasms seem to be better so guess i have to choose living with the side effects which aren't painful and spasms which are .Having spoken to my physio about it, she is aware of several patients with cp who have odd sleep patterns for whatever reason and she advises sleeping when im tired and do stuff when i'm not. This kind of works but have to say that tv is awful at 5 am. Ive tried a number of relaxation techniques, I'm listening to calming music on my tablet as I type, but nothing seems to really help. My GP has offered sleeping tablets but im reluctant to take yet more meds as the ones I'm on cause fuzziness from time to time. Does anyone have any suggestions on improving sleep patterns? Sorry its such a long post but feels good to be getting it off my chest while the family is all sound asleep.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.