Research project into adults with Cerebral Palsy and their communication — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Research project into adults with Cerebral Palsy and their communication

Options
sm_beth93
sm_beth93 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2014 in Research and opportunities
I am a final year Speech and Language Therapy student at Cardiff Metropolitan University. As part of my final year of my undergraduate degree, I am required to complete a research project.

I have a strong interest in adults with Cerebral Palsy and their communication needs throughout their life. However, when I have read into the area there is very little research. I wish to gain further insight in this area in order to see if any further support or changes to Speech and Language Therapy services is needed for them. Therefore the subject of my project is related to the communication needs of adults with Cerebral Palsy with a focus on adulthood and the support they have received along with any changes in their communication over the years.

I am currently trying to find participants who fit the required criteria, who will be willing to take part in an interview and be able to give informed consent to be a part of the research. Participants need to be:

- 30 years and over
- Have Cerebral Palsy
- Without any associated learning difficulties

The project will bee passed by an ethics panel before the research commences and all participants will be kept anonymous with all information given being treated with the strictest of confidence. I will also be supervised by a member of academic staff throughout.

If anybody is interested in participating in this research or know anybody wishing to participate please contact me via email on st20002418@cardiffmet.ac.uk

Many Thanks

Beth Smith
Speech and Language therapy student

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.