Disability aids, equipment and technology
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

hi all can anyone advise me where to go to get help with getting mobilty scooter,

traceyfongetraceyfonge Member Posts: 2
disability that the government have classed me in does not help me to get out, I can't apply for mobility scooter as not on high mobility


  • traceyfongetraceyfonge Member Posts: 2
    I would like to get out more witout depending on people, the only way of doing this is getting a mobility scooter, the payment of pip does not allow me to save and get one,
  • ScopeHelplineScopeHelpline Member Posts: 209 Courageous
    Hi Tracey

    There are a couple of organisations listed on the Mobility Bureau's website that might be able to offer some funding:
    Margaret’s Fund – Gives grants for women in ill health for Mobility Scooters, wheelchairs, holidays, clothing etc. (All applications for money from Margaret’s Fund must be made through a caring professional such as a Social Worker, a Registered Charity Worker or a Doctor or other Health Care worker.)

    Mobility Trust – Raises funds to provide powered wheelchairs and mobility scooters to people, regardless of age or disability, who cannot obtain them through other means.

    You could also try a grant finding organisation, such as http://www.turn2us.org.uk/ tel: 0808 802 2000
    or http://www.disability-grants.org/ (web based only).
    They do not actually give funds themselves but if you key in your details and state what you want the funding for, this should produce a list of the most likely organisations that might fund for this type of equipment, which should give you some other options. You would then have to contact each organsisation separately.

    Sometimes local charitable organisations such as the Rotary Club may offer some funding.

    Scope Helpline
Sign in or join us to comment.