Developing a rehabilitation walking aid for CP children, I need your help! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Developing a rehabilitation walking aid for CP children, I need your help!

Options
nka11
nka11 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2015 in Research and opportunities
Hi,

I am a young Mechanical Engineer with a passion and specialty in medical robotics. I am currently developing a new engaging walking aid for CP children to encourage sustained rehabilitation and give the children greater independence and a better quality of life. I am currently looking to interview parents, carers or the children themselves to gather insights which may be able to better direct my project.

Please, if this is relevant to you and you can spare a few minutes then I would be grateful if you could contact me for a short interview. Thank you in advance for your help :)

Comments

• TOIT
    TOIT Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi,
    My son is 4.5yrs old and can weight bear but has high tone so scissors. He has a walker, which is good but due to his scissoring, doesn't really use it a great deal when he's in it.
    I would be interested to see your ideas as I think he has the potential to be more independent.
  • nka11
    nka11 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for getting in contact.

Which walker does your son use? Have you got a picture or a link to it? I am currently designing a new type of walking aid which incorporates interactive games to engage a child and motivate them to use it for longer periods. I would love to talk more about it.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.