News and opportunities
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Developing a rehabilitation walking aid for CP children, I need your help!

nka11nka11 Member Posts: 2
edited January 2015 in News and opportunities
Hi,

I am a young Mechanical Engineer with a passion and specialty in medical robotics. I am currently developing a new engaging walking aid for CP children to encourage sustained rehabilitation and give the children greater independence and a better quality of life. I am currently looking to interview parents, carers or the children themselves to gather insights which may be able to better direct my project.

Please, if this is relevant to you and you can spare a few minutes then I would be grateful if you could contact me for a short interview. Thank you in advance for your help :)

Replies

• TOITTOIT Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    My son is 4.5yrs old and can weight bear but has high tone so scissors. He has a walker, which is good but due to his scissoring, doesn't really use it a great deal when he's in it.
    I would be interested to see your ideas as I think he has the potential to be more independent.
  • nka11nka11 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2014
    Hi,

Thanks for getting in contact.

Which walker does your son use? Have you got a picture or a link to it? I am currently designing a new type of walking aid which incorporates interactive games to engage a child and motivate them to use it for longer periods. I would love to talk more about it.

Thanks,

Nikhil
Sign in or join us to comment.