Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
disabled due to cancer
hi my name is adam and my father recently became disabled. after having a sarcoma in his left leg he was left no choice but to have a dis articulation of the hip left leg amputation.The easiest way for me to put my question is that i need advice on my first port of call to get him help he is entitled to.he has been home since the 27th december 2014 and all we have had regarding aftercare is physio visiting daily, a temporary wheelchair and ramps and a commode.should any official bodies have been in touch with us by now or is it down to us to inform someone of our needs for things like benefits, mobility,carers,adaptions etc.basically if its down to me can someone tell me what departments i need to contact in the right order to begin getting some help for him and my mum whos caring for him 24 7.thank you
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 133 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.1K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.