aging — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


crambur Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2015 in Cerebral palsy
I'm 35 and a runner. tore my calf muscle a second time. Getting a UFO made. Is it worth seeing a specialist in CP or just a regular orthopedic doc. If so does anyone know of anyone in the US that specializes in CP?


  • Rocky
    Rocky Member Posts: 76 Listener

    Hi, As your immediate problem seems to be tearing your calf muscle due to running, I doubt this is connected directly with your cerebral palsy.  However, the effects of cp can mean that calf muscles are very tight and this would have been the case as a child.  Have you ever had any treatment like surgery or Botox on your calf muscles?  If not, it may be worth asking for a referral to a neurologist otherwise your orthopaedic doctor should be able to treat your needs. 

    Don't know of any specialists in the US but you could try asking the United CP Association as they are the main organisation in the US for people with cerebral palsy.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.