my lil boy 1 year old — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

my lil boy 1 year old

Options
mummybrandon
mummybrandon Community member Posts: 2 Listener
my lil boy cant stand or walk or crawl and he use to sleep at nite past month he as not been sleeping very well is this to do with cp and feeding I am getting tired cos not getting much sleep and hes just started sitting up just after xmas hes got mild cp

Comments

• Rocky
    Rocky Community member Posts: 76 Listener
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are not getting much sleep.  Your son may just being going through a change in his sleep patterns as he develops. However, it can be common for children with cerebral palsy to experience sleep difficulties. Sometimes if muscles go into spasm, the child will wake up and may be in some discomfort or pain. Or he may wake if he needs turning and cannot do this alone. It all depends on how he is affected.   Scope has a network of Sleep Practitioners who could support you and work with you to help your son achieve a good sleep pattern. If there is not a practitioner in your area, there is also lots of information and tips. Just go to the Scope website - www.scope.org.uk and type Sleep into the search engine. Hope this helps.  It would also be worth talking to your son's doctor or consultant to see what they can suggest.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.