Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
PIP and what constitues an aid to walking
I am trying to complete my PIP form and wondered if anyone can help. Is made to measure shoes from the NHS counted as an aid for walking. As I have extremely wide feet and cannot get shoes to fit from the high street or on line they are being supplies by Orthotics for my CP and Arthritis with made to measure insoles. Could this possible count as an aid for walking?
- 54.1K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5.1K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 156 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 797 Work and employment
- 589 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 292 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 266 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.7K Talk about money
- 2.2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 688 Chronic pain and pain management
- 707 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 938 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.