therapy — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.


initially I was diagnosed with MS at the age of 36 I am now 5 years posit stroke The only form of therapy I have had was at the MS centre I used to visit this was remedial therapy(I paid for) I have never been offered physiotherapy from the health services. They assume that I am a lost cause and a waste of resources Where do I go to get some physiotherapy My body is gradually seizing up and I’m getting desperate It’s not sympathy I want just some therapy..I will prompt any suggestions about approaching the social services. As far as I am concerned, they have been a complete waste of time. We applied for an adaptation grant for our home they refused on the grounds that It was a home improvement all we needed was to convert our garage into a ground floor bedroom, with a wet room. We had to find the money to get the work done. We have never wanted or needed to approach these before. They are staffed with people interested in only getting a salaried paid job with a contract and pension.


  • VickyS
    VickyS Member Posts: 129 Connected
    Hi michael,

    It does seem so unfair that when you reach adulthood the NHS stop providing services such as physiotherapy. You can look to see if there is any charitable funding available for you to get this treatment privately by looking at grant finding websites such as Turn 2 Us: or call them on 0808802 2000. There is also Disability Grants and you can visit their website here:

    Fingers crossed you can get some funding to help!

    Vicky xx


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.