New to this — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New to this

Options
Xjenx0426
Xjenx0426 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I have two children and my eldest who is nearly 7 is going through the process is being diagnosed with ADHD and autism, he also has severe learning difficulties and has sleep problems he normally gets about 2 hours sleep 3 hours maximum and I also have endo which the cells have spread to my spine which leaves me not very mobile and in pain most of time and can't even pick my youngest up and family life can be stressful and very emotional trying to cope with my little boys problems a good doctor friend told me about this site would be nice to speak to people in the same situation I don't get out much due to my issues and my sons melt downs get too much sometimes so don't really have any friends ever xx

Comments

• anamaniac
    anamaniac Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Welcome on to the board, xjenx0426! Hope we can help wherever we can with your situation and hope the future is bright :)
  • RubyNatasha
    RubyNatasha Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I know the feeling of isolation. It can be tough spending long periods of time in hospital or locked away or even not being able to join in 'properly' when out. I always think to myself that I'm doing it for him. I do struggle though and seeing friends can be really tough if they have children or not so I have come to rely on routine and set activities to keep me sane. My son also spent the first three years having about 5hours of sleep a night I can only imagine how you must be feeling with 2-3 it really did me in but in the last week he has his safe bed set up and I've been advised to leave him there and I feel much better knowing he's safe and I can sleep. The whole world feels a bit easier after some sleep. I hope your feeling a bit better x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.