Hi, my name is bethanmorgan3! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is bethanmorgan3!

Options
bethanmorgan3
bethanmorgan3 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I've joined the scope community because I've been a young carer my entire life, I am now 21 and reaching out to this community. My dad has a very rare degenerative neurological condition and hence has got progressively worse throughout my life - when I was younger we would describe it as 'bad legs' but now we see it as much more and he is now in a motorised wheelchair and the smallest of activities exhausts him. It's a struggle to know what to do for the best and recently I've been wanting to reach out to people to see any tips or advice they could have regarding how to help him. He doesn't leave the house unless it's for an appointment or occasionally for a meal or a trip somewhere. He says he's content with that but it breaks my heart and he refuses to do anything about it. He enjoys reading and I've tried to suggest online book clubs or anything that will allow him to communicate with people other than me, my mum and my sister but he won't and I don't know what to do for the best.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.