Powered wheelchairs for 5 year olds — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Powered wheelchairs for 5 year olds

Elo
Elo Member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi there, We're in the process of getting a powered wheelchair for our son who is nearly 5, and have had the Quickie Salsa mini m2 recommended to us. Having tried it out we just wondered what other chairs people use for children of a similar age and/ or what experience you've had with this chair. It seems so big and heavy compared to the Wizzy Bug we currently have, so we'd been keen to hear what people think. We're keen for him to use it to get to school and back so it needs to be suitable for doing an assisted transfer in and out of it, without the use of a hoist. Thanks!

Comments

  • emacaudwellchildren
    emacaudwellchildren Member Posts: 11

    Hi Elso..... if you are looking funding for your power wheelchair I work for a charity called Caudwell Children and we fund 80% of the cost of electric wheelchair and asked parents to fund the other 20% for families who's yearly income is below £45,000....

    If you need any help please don't hesitate to contact me

    Ema Harker ([email protected])

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.