DISCRIMINATION TOWARDS DISABLED PEOPLE — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DISCRIMINATION TOWARDS DISABLED PEOPLE

Options
cyberman1
cyberman1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I'M WORKING TO ACHIEVE JUSTICE FOR A DISABLED MAN WHO HAS HAD A LONG STANDING DISABLED SPORTS CLUB MEMBERSHIP TERMINATED. I WOULD LIKE THE SUPPORT OF FELLOW DISABLED PEOPLE TO OBTAIN THE RE-INSTATEMENT OF HIS MEMBERSHIP UNCONDITIONALLY PLEASE COULD YOU SIGN THE ATTACHED PETITION.
https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/disabled-man-suffering-with-cancer-banned-from-sports-club

Comments

• rachelcl
    rachelcl Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    Options
    Just signed it. It's a disgrace that things like this happen.
  • WheelyRachel
    WheelyRachel Community member Posts: 64 Courageous
    Options
    I've found its been getting worse since the current political party has been incharge. I've had comment like your fat get out of that chair and walk. When it's not my wait that has made me WC bound the wait has come after it. Then I've had those that treat my like I'm dumb . Which to me is even worse.

so yes I shall sign
  • rachelcl
    rachelcl Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    Options
    I've found that discrimination and abuse have got worse since the current government have been in power too. I've had people shouting "WALK PROPERLY!" and "I TOLD YOU, YOUR DISABILITY IS YOUR OWN FAULT!".

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.