Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I had DLA, can't get PIP

JenniferUJenniferU Member Posts: 124 Courageous
This is from @iammrsR on Twitter:

"Is there anywhere I can get independent advice re benefits had DLA can't get pip? Very distressing more worries thanks."


  • Martin EmeryMartin Emery Member Posts: 11 Connected
    When turned down for PIP you can appeal the decision, if that is turned down you can go to a tribunal.  The best people to speak to about this would be your local CAB   .  You would need to make an appointment to speak to a benefits specialist, which can take some time, but they will be able to assist in building a case to make the appeal.  The appeal needs to be logged in a set time, so be quick.  Get the ball rolling.

  • Debbie_ScopeDebbie_Scope Member Posts: 947 Pioneering
    Hi @iammrsR ,

    I would recommend that you start by looking at the information on the Scope website about finding advice including legal help. This should help you identify local advice services. It can be difficult to work out where you stand when things like this happen so if possible it would be good for you to get further advice about this. http://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/local/about
    As Martin has said above, you can appeal the PIP decision. Find out more on our PIP pages which link to various sources of information to help you through this process. http://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/money/pip
    If you're still having difficulties get in touch with us at the helpline and we can talk through your options with you. Anyone wanting to discuss benefits related issues can post in this section and I'll do my best to respond as quickly as I can.
    Good luck!

    Debbie :)
  • abigail12abigail12 Member Posts: 1
    hi do you not have a key worker  who can help you and to help go though the forms

Sign in or join us to comment.