Disability aids, equipment and technology
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

help aids with my disability

shelliemarieshelliemarie Member Posts: 57 Listener
who do I see about getting aids put in my flat to help me please and ive just been told that my dla is stopping and ive got to go on pip.why are they doing this to disabled people.


  • Debbie_ScopeDebbie_Scope Member Posts: 947 Pioneering
    Hi shelliemarie,

    You need to get in touch with your Adult Social Care team at your local council. They will be able to put you in touch with an Occupational Therapist who can come and assess you at home to see what aids or adaptations you need to help to help you manage. 

    DLA has ended for working age adults and has been replaced with Personal Independence Payment (PIP). New claims for PIP started in April 2013 and all existing DLA claimants will be invited to claim PIP by September 2017. https://www.gov.uk/dla-ending 

    Let me know if you would like some more information about PIP or if you would like me to find you a local advice service to assist you with the PIP claim. It's important to try and meet the deadlines given or get help to ask for an extension if you're not able to apply for PIP in the 28 day window.

    Best wishes
Sign in or join us to comment.