information please - I must try and get a SEN statement for my son — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

information please - I must try and get a SEN statement for my son

Options
LizetteAnderson
LizetteAnderson Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited July 2016 in Education
Good afternoon I am hoping for some information please.  We have recently moved back to the UK after many years in Cape Town where my 10year old son attended a special educational needs school.  He has PPD NOS Dyspraxia and is on the ASD spectrum but otherwise doing well.  He has been assessed as aprox 2 years behind.  I must try and get a SEN statement for him who do I contact for this?  The system is different in Cape Town we just had to pay the school to accept him.  I am terribly worried that he will be put into a secondary school with children his own age but who are more advanced than him academically.  I would like to avoid home schooling if I can.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Regards, Liz

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.