Do you like Scope's new disability emojis?
Despite ongoing efforts to make emoji more diverse with different skin tones and same sex couples, there's still just one to represent disability – a wheelchair-user sign, often used to denote accessible toilets.
So ahead of World Emoji Day on Sunday, we've released 18 of our own emojis representing disability!
What do you think? Have we missed any? Tell us and we might create a few new ones featuring your ideas. https://blog.scope.org.uk/2016/07/15/one-disability-emoji-isnt-enough-so-weve-made-18-for-world-emoji-day/
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments