Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

depression and pain

emmadisabled45emmadisabled45 Member Posts: 3 Listener
Im emma 45, suicidsl depresyion, agrophobia, ibs, atma, soriosid,  ezema, leg crasmps, rib inflamation, clawring hsnds, photophobia, feet pain, migrains, dissy spellls and various allergied and no mobiloty, learning difficultirs, family five under mental healt, cant cope, no support or friendships, been bullied and fear regection, my son and partner drive me yo anf from appointmens. Could we get a car free and parking bay as im diabled blue bage, also in debt,no coulncelor.


  • Debbie_ScopeDebbie_Scope Member Posts: 947 Pioneering
    Hi Emma,

    You're going through a really rough time at the moment and you've got lots going on. If you're having difficulties coping, talk to your GP. It's no surprise that you're not coping with so much going on and dealing with all of the health conditions. Its' much harder to tackle things when you're not well and things can quickly become overwhelming.

    You wouldn't be able to get a free car but if you qualify for the High rate of Mobility for DLA or the Enhanced rate of mobility for PIP then you could be eligible to join the Motability Scheme. The idea of the scheme is that you exchange your mobility allowance for a lease vehicle which could be a car, a powered wheelchair or a mobility scooter. More information on the Motability website http://www.motability.co.uk/about-the-scheme/ 

    You can find out more about how to apply for a blue badge on the Disability Rights UK website http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/blue-badge-scheme and then you can find your local council and apply directly to them via the following website 

    Contact your local council if you want a disabled parking bay outside your home. The qualifying criteria differ for each authority but you usually have to be a Blue Badge holder and have a vehicle registered at the address where you live. The council will look at the safety of installing a bay as well as alternatives, such as your parking on a drive. Once the local authority has agreed to install a bay, it will produce and publicise the Traffic Regulation Order. This can take months. The bay is then enforceable and will have a sign next to it stating “Disabled badge holders only”. Motorists who then park in the bay without displaying a valid Blue Badge will be liable to a Penalty Charge Notice. Please be aware that even if the bay is outside your house it does not belong to you and any Blue Badge holder can park in it.

    If you're struggling with debt the first thing to look at is maximising your income and making sure you're getting all the right help. You could run a benefits calculator and this will help identify any possible entitlements you might have. There is a benefits calculator on the Scope website and you can find it here. http://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/check-benefits  

    There are a number of debt charities that you can contact for more advice about the debt you have. They can explore the options available to you to help you tackle the debt. Try https://www.stepchange.org/ or https://www.nationaldebtline.org/ both offer free debt advice and have lots of information on their websites.

    I hope this information has been helpful. Please do get in touch again if there is some further help I can offer.

    Best wishes

  • unluckyglounluckyglo Member Posts: 13
    Your GP should also put you in touch with a occupational health worker. This person would arrange a visit, and access if you need any alterations which could be free of charge. If you rent from council or housing association you will also find a variety of help from them Good Luck 
  • emmadisabled45emmadisabled45 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    i hate having to fight for benifits and help for hole family, my fight has gone. the constant, having to proove how ill you are, as most disablitys are invisable 
  • emmadisabled45emmadisabled45 Member Posts: 3 Listener
    thank you all for you replies and advice.
Sign in or join us to comment.