Employing PAs — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Employing PAs

Geo08
Geo08 Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
So I've come to the point where I need to start thinking about the next chapter of my life (albeit 2 years before the previous chapter ends to sort everything out) and I was just wondering how people have gone about recruiting PAs. Generally speaking I have stuck to facebook for my recruitment purposes but have people had any luck with places like Gumtree?

Let me know your thoughts,
George

Comments

• unluckyglo
    unluckyglo Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Personally I prefer the local paper. Not a supporter of Facebook or Gumtree sorry
  • JenniferU
    JenniferU Community member Posts: 108 Pioneering
    edited July 2016
    Hi @Geo08,

Lots of members of the community have submitted tips about hiring PAs, which we've grouped into this section: http://www.scope.org.uk/support/tips/disabled-people/employing-pa

Hope it goes well! 
    (I've deleted the other duplicate thread)
  • nerdwillis
    nerdwillis Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi George.

One thing you might be able to do is look to see what the local disabled person's user led organisation can offer you.

I know that some organisations, like Independent Lives in West Sussex, or Posability People in Brighton have pages on their sites where you can search for and find PAs in that local area. 

Maybe something similar exists in York? Otherwise, we have used Jobs Today, Reed, Indeed and Gumtree in the past. Gumtree has the advantage of being free for an individual I think.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.