Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Problem with Jaws
I have recently updated to Microsoft Word 2010 and when I have composed a document and want to read it word by word to correct something Jaws doesn’t read the first word of the document, the only way I can achieve this is when it comes to the new line, it starts at the second word, then you have to do Control and left Arrow to read that word, sometimes I do miss the first word, and think I don’t understand that, so then I have to read the whole document again to see what I had put or what is in the document if it is someone else’s.
I do hope that you can help with this problem.
I am totally blind so rely on Jaws fully.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.