Hi, my name is kirsty78! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is kirsty78!

I am mother of 4 year old daughter who is serverly autistic was wondering if any one know where I can get special disability pushchair from I can't pay much as I'm on benefits but my daughter is getting to big for her normal pushchair but HV to use due to keeping her safe because of server sensory issues and not knowing danger


  • Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    edited August 2016
    Hi Kirstie. Have you asked your local wheel chair service? They usually provide things like Maclaren Majors or Do Buggys. Ask your daughters GP, occupational therapist or school nurse if they could refer you.

    Charities like Family Fund don't usually pay for buggies :( 

    If you are in urgent need there are a lot of used ones on eBay or SEN Equipment groups on Facebook e.g
  • Jackie
    Jackie Member Posts: 24 Connected
    Hi Kirstie
    If you click on the following link it will take you to a website which lists charities and trusts which might help with giving a grant towards this:
    If you have a local Dial group [disability advice group] they might help you with doing the application or alternatively check out your local Carers Centre which also might help out with any applications to charities  [and make sure you register yourself as a carer in case you can get any extra support in looking after your daughter].
    I hope this helps.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.