Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
I recently and reluctantly Went for a hearing test after a ignoring hearing loss. As had enough on my plate looking after issues. Test was one of those awkward moments you should go into a booth but had a step into it. I did the test and at the end the lady said I needed hearing aids simple she put her hand over her mouth and could not hear a thing. She fitted hearing aids and did same let there be sound. She said I had got by lip reading and reading facial expressions. Funny thing Before my Accident I was ok. This was my first hearing test. So not sure if my experience is common. The cubicle was the size of a small toilet and a big step so access issues. good news I get my hearing aids on the 13th of this month.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.