Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I work 30hrs a week - can I claim PIP?

skippybooskippyboo Member Posts: 1
Hi all I suffered a ruptured brain aneurysm Nov 2013 I suffer with cognitive issues fatigue and also short term memory loss. I currently work 30hrs a week I have not claimed for PIP but people keep telling me I should apply.. I also wonder whether I would be entitled to a blue badge as I often forget where I park and get pretty stressed out due to anxiety and depression.. could anyone give me advice if I could claim pip or the badge..


  • Debbie_ScopeDebbie_Scope Member Posts: 947 Pioneering
    Hi skippyboo,

    A good way of working out whether to apply for PIP is to complete a PIP self-assessment test and you can do this on the Benefits and Work website http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php

    You'll see all of the activity descriptors and at the end it will tell you what your score is. This is not to say that you will be assessed and guaranteed that amount of points but it's a good place to start. Also see the information on our website about PIP as this links to further sources of information and resources http://www.scope.org.uk/support/disabled-people/money/pip 

    You can automatically qualify for a blue badge if you score 8 or more points in the moving around section of PIP and if you don't automatically qualify it's still possible to apply for a discretionary blue badge if you have walking difficulties. Your local authority administers the blue badges so do check with them what their eligibility criteria is.

    I hope this helps :)

    Best wishes

Sign in or join us to comment.