If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Wheelchair user with son with special needs - Need support with finances

Options
Nettie
Nettie Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I'm a wheelchair user with several conditions and my younger son as special needs, so hands are well and truly full. Need support regarding difficulty with finances

Comments

• Stephen7ield
    Stephen7ield Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Hello Nettie. Have you tried The Citizens Advice Bureau? They are just the people who may be able to help. Try this link.  https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/. You should be able to find an office in your local area.
    Good luck
  • Nettie
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for the suggestion, really appreciated, but sorry to say, I have already been to C A B, they couldn't help.  Our situation is a little more complex, so unsure what to do next. Thank you again.
  • Stephen7ield
    Stephen7ield Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    Sorry Nettie.
    I thought CAB would be the best people.

Never mind, there is also the Money Advice Service. This is a free government backed service.

This link https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en  takes you to a page of advice. At the bottom are a web chat option and a free help line number.

Please take a look. I hope it helps.
  • Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Nettie, the free Scope helpline on 0808 800 3333 may also be able to advise you or point you in the right direction.
  • Nettie
    Options
    Hi Stephen,
    That's fine no worries, some people may not of gone down that route, so best to mention it, just in case.
    Thank for the suggestion re Money Advice Service, haven't tried that yet.

Thanks
    Net2
  • Nettie
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Thank you, haven't phone the helpline yet, but will do and see how I get on.

Thanks,
    Nettie
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Nettie,

If you want to talk through the financial issues you're having you can contact myself or Gill at the helpline. If you would prefer to email us you can helpline@scope.org.uk. Our phones do get very busy and it can be difficult to get through at peak times. Mark your email for me or Gill and we can look at some options with you.

All the best 
    Debbie
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.