Housing and independent living
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is ladybuglin!

ladybuglinladybuglin Member Posts: 1
Hi my husband and I disable we can't get the council to put 
mid in a shower my husband 7 ft1 inches tall can't fit in the bath we fought for 2 years to get one the trouble is I can't afford 600 to put one in as we got the shower since last October 15 is there any way I can get help with this please?


  • Debbie_ScopeDebbie_Scope Member Posts: 947 Pioneering
    Hello @ladybuglin,

    I'm sorry for the late reply to your post.

    It might be a good idea to contact your local Home Improvement Agency. These are local organisations which provide advice and services to older people, people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help them continue living safely in their own homes. They are often able to provide advice about statutory funding and also charitable funding if there is no statutory provision http://www.findmyhia.org.uk/ 

    I hope this helps and good luck.

    Best wishes

Sign in or join us to comment.