Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Income support compliance visits
My son and daughter in law are both disabled and get dla and pip, they both care for each other in different ways, they have 2 young sons age 4 yrs and the other 5 months. My son recently had his ESA stopped so on advice applied for income support which has just been awarded to them. They now have a comlpiance officer from dwp coming to visit them and they are both in a panic as they both suffer from extreme anxiety and my son has depression, they both have a learning disability as well. My son thinks he is in trouble as somebody told them he only comes if you are commiting fraud but they are only getting what hey are entitled to, can somebody help us please.
- 53K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 760 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.