Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Parking for disabled people
Can you help me, I would like to get more signatures for a petition I started on change.org.
Since the scrapping of the tax disc on cars councils and hospitals have no way of knowing who is exempt from paying vehicle tax and is therefore eligible for free parking. I raised this as a problem for disabled people with my MP before car tax discs disappeared but to no avail.
What is happening now is councils are saying that road tax exempt disabled drivers must pay for an annual parking pass as they are unable to check the tax status of a vehicle. This pass would only cover one unitary council so if, like I do a disabled person lives in a conurbation covering several councils they may need to buy a pass for each council depending on their needs.
The link for the petition is;
I hope you can help?
- 55.3K All Categories
- 10.8K Start here and say hello!
- 5.3K Coffee lounge
- 4.1K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.6K Research and opportunities
- 160 Community updates
- 12.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 838 Work and employment
- 600 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1.1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 302 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 269 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 22.3K Talk about money
- 2.3K Benefits and financial support
- 4.5K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.8K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.7K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.2K Talk about your impairment
- 1.4K Cerebral palsy
- 705 Chronic pain and pain management
- 718 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 773 Autism and neurodiversity
- 952 Mental health and wellbeing
- 314 Sensory impairments