Hospital are admitting liability for sons cerebral palsy - what do I do next? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hospital are admitting liability for sons cerebral palsy - what do I do next?

winstonsmum16 Member Posts: 1
edited November 2016 in Cerebral palsy
Hi not looked on here for a few years. Need advice my solicitor has just rang me to tell me the hospital where my son was born are admitting liability for my sons cerebral palsy. I am speechless. What do I need to do next ? 


  • spudeen
    spudeen Member Posts: 19 Listener
    Your lawyer should be able to tell you how to start a legal case for your son. This would help you to obtain a clear plan for his future, economically speaking, as special care throughout his entire life, is and will be expensive in one way or another. The process is rather long but I know many law firms are good. It depends where you are but Irwin Mitchell are very good, and have branches all over. I have had experience with them personally and am happy to recommend, but obviously choice is personal. I have problems with my son (not cp) and am still battling to find out what is wrong. He was born abroad and things not so easy to follow. Have faith. You are not alone. There is help. Courage to you both and your son.
  • mousie1
    mousie1 Member Posts: 7
    I can recommend Pannone solicitors.  They are based in deansgate in Manchester.  They deal with every disability and look after people with head injuries too.  I was told by a representative there that the minimum payout now for cp is a million pounds.  You will definitely need legal help for your son's future.
    i am now 53 and everything with this condition costs.  As you get older you need more medical equipment, accessible home etc.  Get legal help.
    best wishes.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.