Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is Lori64!
Hi My name is Lori and I am a mother of six children. My youngest daughter 25 yrs old was recently diagnosed with dyslexia and I feel very guilty that I did not know more when she was in school so I could fight to get her the help she needed and my youngest son (10 yrs old) was born with talispe ( clubfeet). He was referred to SALT when he was 3 and by 5 yrs old he had a statement of special educational needs - he has a learning disability, speech and language problems, short sighted and has hearing problems. In spite of all his problems he is my sun shine. He tries very hard at school, never gives up and has a great sense of humor. I am waiting to hear what secondary school he will go to next September and for a meeting to discuss my son's EHC plan.
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 275 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.1K Talk about money
- 2K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 698 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 749 Autism and neurodiversity
- 923 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.