Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi, my name is Nixthorpe!
Hi I'm filling out an equal opportunities form for a new job I've just accepted, and wondered if I should class myself as disabled or not? I have lost the higher scale frequencies. I wear hearing aids in both ears and generally don't have a problem at work. I work in an office and since I joined the employer I am leaving, I have been provided with a headset to assist with the use of the phone. I will probably ask my new employer if they will also provide one for me. How do I class myself on this form? Any thoughts and guidance would be welcome. Thank you
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 574 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 276 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 673 Chronic pain and pain management
- 699 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 927 Mental health and wellbeing
- 297 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.