Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Refused blue badge
I'm 70 yrs old. I live in Preston I took retirement at 54 because I was in so much pain. This was diagnosed as fibromyalgia. Over the years it's got worse. Now I can hardly walk, I applied and was granted top rate attendance allowance. My husband was credited with carers crefit. I have applied for a Blue badge but have been refused. When I question it they saI'd that I could walk. Otherwise I'd be bedridden. I insist I can't walk far. I'm not very good at explaining myself. If I can't get out I'm just getting more disabled. The doctor insists I must move a little every day. I have a vitamin D deficiency so need to get out.Even if I had a BB I couldn't go around shopping etc but it would help me get to doctors hospital etc. I don't understand why AA isn't treated the same as Pip and DLA. Sorry to go on.
- 53.9K All Categories
- 10.5K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 153 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 788 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 289 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 684 Chronic pain and pain management
- 704 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.