Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Benefits and work advice for my 20 year old son who has autism
Please can I get some advice. My autistic 20 year old son has learning difficulties, mental health and some physical difficulties. He gets pips high care low mobility. He tries to work through agencies but can't hack it and gets ill or no longer required within a couple of weeks. What do I do please? Should I be getting esa for him? If so, how do I do that, and does he then just leave any work he's doing? Am at wits end!
- 53.9K All Categories
- 10.6K Start here and say hello!
- 5K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities
- 153 Community updates
- 12.1K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 791 Work and employment
- 588 Education
- 1.2K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 291 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 265 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.6K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.6K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4.1K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 686 Chronic pain and pain management
- 704 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 759 Autism and neurodiversity
- 937 Mental health and wellbeing
- 311 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.