Travel Guides for the Disabled on Kickstarter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Travel Guides for the Disabled on Kickstarter

Options
sidmarcos
sidmarcos Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all! 

I am new to the forum - so first and foremost hello

I joined to share a project I am working on now - travel guides for physically disabled people!
We're running a KickStarter campaign until December 31st! 

Through 2017 I will be traveling to 5 cities (Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle and Vancouver) in order to make these WC accessible guides. I will be in each city for one month - so anyone interested in giving advice or meeting up is more than welcome!

Our first guide for San Diego is already available for free at this link.

You'll also be able to see a guest blog about Outlandish Travel on Scope early next month!

I'm looking forward to being a part of this community!
Please leave a comment with any ideas or comments below ^-^

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @sidmarcos welcome to the community and thanks for sharing.

I had to use a wheelchair for the first time recently on my travels to India and it made me realise how many barriers there are in place! 

Just so you know the Taj Mahal is accessible for the grounds, but the building itself is not!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • nanof6
    nanof6 Community member Posts: 200 Pioneering
    Options
    hi, i would love to here of any wheelchar acsessable places to go abroad.
  • CaderMac
    CaderMac Community member Posts: 105 Pioneering
    Options
    I would be really grateful for any advice from wheelchair users on how to cope on long haul flights with little to no accessible bathroom facilities. This year I am travelling with a disabled family member, and for the first time she is a young lady rather than a child that's easy to scoop up, carry around or even (in very desperate times) change her sneakily under a blanket. I am feeling anxious being able she is comfortable and looked after when there is such limited space and facilities on board an aircraft. Any hacks and tips you have picked up on your travels or even words of moral support would be much appreciated! Cader x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.