Eyegaze technology and equipment for daughter with severe CP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Eyegaze technology and equipment for daughter with severe CP

rohan
rohan Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My daughter has severe cp and although bright cannot walk, talk or sit independently. My wife has advanced cancer and im having a bad day so registered on here to connect with people about how to work with my daughter more effectively especially with regards to communication. Specifically I am interested in learning to develop hee understanding of Eyegaze technology and clicker grid3 program. I am also needing advice on how to get equipment as she is in need of a stander that wirks for her

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rohan welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear you are having a bad time.  Take a look around the site and join in on discussions, there are lots of lovely people on here.

You aren't alone, please do look around and get chatting.  Try the recent discussions for all the latest posts or by category.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Kim_AssistiveTech
    Kim_AssistiveTech Community member Posts: 50 Courageous
    edited January 2017
    rohan said:
    My daughter has severe cp and although bright cannot walk, talk or sit independently. My wife has advanced cancer and im having a bad day so registered on here to connect with people about how to work with my daughter more effectively especially with regards to communication. Specifically I am interested in learning to develop hee understanding of Eyegaze technology and clicker grid3 program. I am also needing advice on how to get equipment as she is in need of a stander that wirks for her
    Hi Rohan, 
    Thanks for using the Scope Community. 

Could you give me a little more information about your daughter, how old is she, is she in school, is it mainstream and do they offer support to her?

Look forward to hearing from you.
  • Rainbow_wheelz16
    Rainbow_wheelz16 Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    Hi there. As far as a standing frame,  it would be best to consult an OT on the best one. If your daughter is still in education, it might be a good idea for the OT, physio and SALT to be involved, as the correct positioning would influence her ability to use the eye gaze. Does she uses switches to control the clicker screen and if so, what is the best way for her to use them, e.g head use of L or R side.? Or R. L hand, etc. These are all things to consider, as function might be better, depending on postural position, fatigue and function of limbs/head etc. 
    If she has finished education, it becomes trickier to access funding for equipment but there might be support available in terms of charities, fundraising etc. Good luck 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.