how do i appeal against decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

how do i appeal against decision

cherrie
cherrie Community member Posts: 2 Listener
youve stoped my sons p.i.p based on 1 phone call to someone that does not know him,ignoring all the information given by professional people

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2017
    Hi @cherrie

Scope is a charity that offers support and information and has no dealings with PIP applications.

Take a look at the DWP appeals page that will explain how you can ask for a mandatory reconsideration on PIP

If you have any questions, just let us know as there are lots of people here on the community who are going through the appeal process.

Best of luck!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering

cherrie,

As Sam says the first step is to ask for a mandatory reconsideration of the decision. It's hard to know from your post why the DWP have stopped PIP. Was there a reassessment? (Did your son have to fill in a form and go to a medical)? Or was PIP stopped for some other reason? If you have the decision letter about PIP, please post back and tell us what it said.

You should ask for a mandatory reconsideration within one month of the decision, if you can.

Do post back if you need more information.

Will

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.