Cerebral Palsy and Arachnoiditis — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cerebral Palsy and Arachnoiditis

Options
nmcmurdo
nmcmurdo Scope Member Posts: 8 Courageous
Hi, I'm a 57 year old male. I have Managed through life with Cerebral Palsy (which is a shortening of my right leg and very limited use of my right arm, which also tremors).

i am married and worked in an accounts office environment for 34 years. About 7 years ago I starting falling more and my left leg giving way.  I was then diagnosed with Arachnoiditis, which was put down to the use of Myodil  used when I had a Thalanotomy about 50 years ago.

now I can hardly walk 10 yards or stand for a minute before my left leg gives way.

i was wondering if there are any 'Scope Members' with similar issues and can give comment/advise how to manage this as I am struggling to do so.
  Thanks, Neil
Hello,  I am Neil, a 64 year old with Cerebral Palsy which affects my right sire.  This is hampered by arachnoiditis which mainly affects my left leg,
I worked in an accounts office od a newspaper publisher for 34 years but have not worked since being made redundant in 2011.  I have been involved with a number of projects (currently an ambassadore on Euans guide and a beach wheelchair project in Berwickshire), and ride with a disabled riding unit.

Comments

• jodowen
    jodowen Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Hi Neil and thank you for sharing your experience
    I have no experience of Arachnoiditis although I can imagine that the condition must cause you immense physical and mental distress particularly with your Cerebral Palsy to contend with. I am keen to follow your journey and to learn more about this chronic condition so I will be watching this space closely.
    Hopefully there are other members on the forum who are going through similar experiences and can share their successes with you.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.