Hi, my name is timy! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is timy!

timy Member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone my son 2 years old is cp athetoid  patient .I m in pakistan plz guide me how I can come to UK to treat my baby coz in pakIstan no expert therepist available who can treat him plz help me thanx alot


  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @timy welcome to the community.  I'm afraid I don't have any information about coming to the UK for treatment but I found this information from the NHS website:

    "The NHS operates a residence-based healthcare system and not every person is entitled to free NHS treatment in England. Provision of free NHS treatment is on the basis of being ordinarily resident. Ordinarily resident means, broadly speaking, living in the UK on a lawful and properly settled basis for the time being.

    If you are not ordinarily resident in the UK, you are considered to be an overseas visitor and may be charged for NHS hospital services. It is strongly recommended that you take out sufficient health insurance to cover your stay.

    If you are coming to the UK on a temporary stay of more than six months, you may be required to pay an immigration health surcharge at the time of your visa application.

    If you have paid the surcharge or you were exempt from paying it, and your visa allows you to be here for more than six months, you will be entitled to free NHS hospital treatment in England on the same basis as an ordinarily resident person. This will apply from the date your visa is granted until it expires.

    However, if your visa is curtailed or ended earlier than planned by the Home Office, you will become chargeable for any further NHS hospital treatment from that date on, even if you have paid the surcharge. You will also be charged for any non-exempt treatment you received before the start date of your visa."

    Senior online community officer
  • timy
    timy Member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi plz guide me do I snd u my baby medical reports nd after analysis tell me his treatment available in uk nd which hospital nd also procedure how I can apply .what's treatment time nd what's cost?
  • Alex
    Alex Scope Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Hi @timy
    This is not something that we do.
    I'd suggest you find cerebral palsy experts in Pakistan who might be able to help first, before considering options in the UK. This charity might be able to help:


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.