Mental Health problems and DLA being stopped — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Mental Health problems and DLA being stopped

SlipperyJim Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I suffer from mental health problems and have been unable to work since 1994. Just received my invitation to apply for PIP and told that my DLA will be stopping. I really need the extra cash to survive...


  • bam
    bam Member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    Hellp @SlipperyJim welcome to the community slippery Jim. This is a great community that offers a lot of help, love and support. I'm really sorry to hear about your problems and troubles with your benefits. They have a great benefit adviser here at scopes. Just scroll down and hit the categories you will find the benefit advisors. They will be more than happy to answer any questions you have about benefits that you are owed. Good luck to you slippery Jim, my name is Bam
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,676 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @SlipperyJim welcome to the community.

    Have a read through the DLA and PIP category, you arent alone in this, there are lots of people on here who are going through the change from DLA to PIP.

    There is a great step by step guide to filling in the PIP forms on the CAB website that may be useful to you.

    Do reach out here though and ask any questions you may have, there are so many people with lots of experiences who are happy to share their stories and help and support others.
    Senior online community officer
  • Matilda
    Matilda Member Posts: 2,610 Disability Gamechanger
    Jim, your DLA won't cease until four weeks after your PIP decision.  If you are awarded PIP, PIP payments will begin four weeks after the final DLA payment.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.