Support with PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support with PIP

annie123
annie123 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited January 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
HI I REALY NEED SOME SUPPORT WITH A PiP Claim.I was in reciept off DLA before this from 2007 and now thay have given me the standerd rate I.v also got an appoint with the job centre to get me back to work.I am extremley upset about it all and the pip have me an awful report and i realy think thay dident believe anything i told them.I am too late to appeal as there was a lot of going on in my personal life involving my children with i could not ignore.I havent a clue to were i go from here and could do with some sort of help and support.

Comments

• bam
    bam Community member Posts: 326 Pioneering
    Hello @annie123 welcome to the community. How are you? It sounds like things are little urgent for you. First of all take a deep breath and let it out and try to relax a little bit. We are here to give you all the advice and support you need. This is a great and loving community. If you scroll down to category you will find the benefit adviser. They really know what they're talking about and they're more than willing to help you. Try to stay relaxed and ask them all the questions you need to.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @annie123 and welcome.  Like @bam says, take a breath, we understand it is very stressful and emotional, but this is a great community of people who know how that feels.

Can you explain a little more? Are you saying that you have got the standard rate of PIP? Were you hoping for the higher rate? 

Do you feel you are unable to work at all? Is that why you are upset about the job centre interview?

Let us know a little more and I am sure there are members here who will be able to share their experiences, just know that you arent alone.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • annie123
    HI thanks.Yes i even missed the deadline to appeal as my grandson who is severley disabled was asking the staff were he is living at supported accomadation would i go and see him in preston.He wasent well at the time and neede me.I couldent get anyone to support me as the c.a.b are all walk.in centers now.I have sat waiting to be seen too in 3 up to now as you can imagin i am so angry about the whole procedure.
  • trudy
    trudy Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Hi i would still write a letter of appeal and see if they answer you.allot of peolpe are appealing and if that doesnt work they are taking the assesors to court and the dissability people are winning there claim x
  • annie123
    Thanks a lot for the advise Trudy i shall do that tommorw.I am still so angry with them but the letter i will write wont be anything nasty that wont get me anywere.You will be the first to know how i get on.cheers xx

• Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2017
    Hi @annie123 - I suggest you ask about appealing late in the 'Ask a benefits advisor' section on this site as I think you can appeal late if you have a good reason for missing the deadline.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.