Work — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work

smith240863
smith240863 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
can I claim any other benefits while on pip enhanced rate or could you help me getting back to work 

Comments

• paulamarie1222
    paulamarie1222 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Hi, my son is 19 and has autism.
    He has 2 part time jobs now. He is getting on well with these.
    One job is housekeeping in a Best Western hotel. One job is cleaning offices, working for Norse. Both are  good employers for people with some learning difficulties. It may be worth writing to and sending you cv to them.
    Norse have a website where they advertise jobs in certain areas.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?
     In our area (Norwich), there is an organisation called MINT, who help young people between the ages of 16 and 25, with work experience and finding work. There may be something similar where you live?

Have you got an up to date CV? Gaining experience by volunteering in between jobs, is a good thing to have on your CV. Employers will be impressed if they see this on your CV and this may help with getting work too.

There is a good benefits checker on www.turn2us.org.uk. You will then be able to see what you are entitled to if you are currently unemployed. 
    What kind of work have you been doing? 

• Chris_Alumni
    Chris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 689 Pioneering
    Hi @smith240863, you might also find our employment tips page useful, and if you have any questions regarding benefits do feel free to ask our community benefits advisors.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.