Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.


can I claim any other benefits while on pip enhanced rate or could you help me getting back to work 


  • paulamarie1222paulamarie1222 Member Posts: 13 Connected
    Hi, my son is 19 and has autism.
    He has 2 part time jobs now. He is getting on well with these.
    One job is housekeeping in a Best Western hotel. One job is cleaning offices, working for Norse. Both are  good employers for people with some learning difficulties. It may be worth writing to and sending you cv to them.
    Norse have a website where they advertise jobs in certain areas.

    If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?
     In our area (Norwich), there is an organisation called MINT, who help young people between the ages of 16 and 25, with work experience and finding work. There may be something similar where you live?

     Have you got an up to date CV? Gaining experience by volunteering in between jobs, is a good thing to have on your CV. Employers will be impressed if they see this on your CV and this may help with getting work too.

    There is a good benefits checker on www.turn2us.org.uk. You will then be able to see what you are entitled to if you are currently unemployed. 
    What kind of work have you been doing? 

  • Chris_AlumniChris_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 695 Pioneering
    Hi @smith240863, you might also find our employment tips page useful, and if you have any questions regarding benefits do feel free to ask our community benefits advisors.
Sign in or join us to comment.