Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Assistance dog. What breed?
I am looking for a breed of dog that I can train via dog aid to be at assistance level. Labradors are too big and moult loads. I'm a permanent wheelchair user with CP and I'm asthmatic. I would like a breed that could cope with walks about 3 times a week and medium sized, like a spaniel. I also suffer with fatigue and get very cold if outside at the moment. This causes pain as my hand legs feet are literally like ice. Does anyone have the lead that attaches to a wheelchair, so that it's hands free? Also, is there a long handled poop scoop that's easy to use! ! suggestions? Thanks,
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 620 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 689 Autism and neurodiversity
- 821 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.