Income support and pip. — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Income support and pip.

Badmutley Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
AM I able to get income support and pip at the same time?


  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Member Posts: 2,628 Pioneering
    Hi Badmutley,

    Yes, you can. If you are on Income Support (IS) and PIP, make sure you tell IS about the level of PIP you are on, as this affects how much IS you get.

    If you haven't yet claimed IS, you might want to check it's the right benefit for you. It usually applies either to lone parents with a child under 5, or people who are caring for another disabled person on PIP/DLA/AA. There are some other groups who can claim Income Support, but if the reason you can't look for work is your own health condition or disability then usually the benefit you would claim is ESA. 

    It does depend on your situation though. Do ask if you're not sure.

    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
  • LaughingLolly
    LaughingLolly Member Posts: 100 Pioneering
    edited August 2019
    Doesn't affect the amount w income support you get 
    A laugh a day keeps the psychiatrist at bay. 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.