Mild diplegia — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mild diplegia

Options
angela2509
angela2509 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 2017 in Cerebral palsy
Hi
My son who his 13 always walked on tiptoes which was passed off as part of his autism however last year his left foot got progressively worse so our pieadtrician referred him to a orthopaedic surgeon who than referred us to a neurologist. We saw the neurologist in January who referred him for an MRI which I found out last week was normal. I've had to chase for answers ringing different hospitals to find out what we should do as my son's foot his getting worse and it's started in the right. It's been hell! Yesterday I received a letter which stated that he has mild diplegia no one told me this as were not due in clinic till April. I didn't even know what it was till I went online I feel like I am going through a range of emotions and have no support or faith in the consultant.

Comments

• GeoffBosworth195661
    GeoffBosworth195661 Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello angela2509 After going on what you are saying it as been a eliminating what is what to get a closer understanding on where they are going and finding correct answers. Since your 13 year old son was referred for MRI this as to see how the brain is working and where certain areas are mal functioning. It as to be talked through with other Drs and this of what you say a mild diplegia as been in agreement and this now can be treated. Toe walking and flex flex knees are most common attributes and can be proper treatment. This will allow your son most with displegia eventually to walk correctly. You must feel frustrated which is understandable as a parent and see your son go through the pain. The correction may be brought forward with your son being young teenager. You now should see things move along with the diagnoses been made. I hope this as helped you and your son as now you have a name. Anything you don't understand you have a good team at Scope to help rest assured.          

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.